NURSIA挪西亞修道院啤酒

挪西亞修道院啤酒Birra Nursia

birra-nursia-press_page_01

歷史:
「挪西亞修道院啤酒|Birra Nursia」,由修道院「本篤會修道會|Benedictine Monastery of St. Benedict」所釀造。「挪西亞|Nursia」,就是現今的意大利中部的「諾爾恰|Norcia」,是西元480年時,古羅馬時期的聖人-「聖本篤|St. Benedict」的出生地,由他所建立的本篤會規範(Rule),對基督教教義發展極具影響力,也因此,本篤會常被稱為西方修道院體系的創始人,自10世紀始,修士們就在此守護奉獻著聖本篤出生地的修道院。

直到西元1810年,受到拿破崙的壓迫,教堂被迫轉移給其他教區,修道院也因此關閉,販售予私人家族。到了1998年,「聖本篤修會|OSB」的神父『Fr. Cassian』落腳羅馬,開始尋找並組織臨時的基地,以建立修道院的,在西元2000年,兩股似乎不可能的力量相遇了,渴求修道院回歸的「挪西亞」迎回了暌違200年,聖本篤的修士們-回到聖本篤的出生地。

分享『發自內心的愉悅』,最大的宗旨

酒廠:
自古以來,修士們就明瞭:必須要和外界分享他們的世界觀和信念,為了避免與塵世太過脫離,他們需BIRRA NURSIA PRESS_Page_06.jpg要世俗的手段,因循這樣的哲學,「挪西亞修道院」從比利時的傳統汲取靈感,決心建構酒廠,來與外界分享可以啓發-『發自內心的愉悅』-這樣動手勞動的喜樂,做為最大的宗旨。

酒廠于西元2012年,8月15日正式運作,在隔年三月的主教選舉時,「挪西亞修道院啤酒」就用來供應給樞機主教們飲用。隱藏在千年時光的圍牆內,小小的酒廠遵循著首席釀酒師-『Francesco』神父的指導,每位修士奉獻他們的心力,從收取原物料,協助釀造,到裝瓶,品嚐最終產品風味,力求確保每瓶酒令人愉快的風味以及滿足精神的富有,可說是極純粹的修道院創造品。

birranursiabirra-nursia-press_page_04birra-nursia-cottaa_ov_monks_160219

公益:
所有收益都將使用並支持,擁有1500年歷史的修道院內,祈禱和福音見證相關的工作,這包括:提供溫暖的款待給予來此的朝聖者,以及需要幫助的貧苦人們,確保他們都能在此得到善意。

每瓶啤酒的收益都將幫助保障有百年歷史的拉丁聖歌在這個千年修道院中每天被傳唱,支撐必須的修繕,和未來修士與朝聖者一處被稱作『家』的地方。

 

 

Advertisements

Stift-Engelszell 天使聖地

Early History

 Engelszell monastery danubeStift-Engelszell is the only Trappist monastery in Austria, located in a remote northern corner of the country just across the Danube River from Germany. The abbey was first founded by the Cistercian order in 1293. The name Stift-Engelszell comes from the Latin name “Cella Angelorum,” meaning Angel’s Cell. The story of Stift-Engelszell is not unlike other European Catholic monasteries of its time in that it has witnessed tumultuous periods of outside interference based on the political climate of the day. Most notably, the abbey suffered considerably during the turbulent period of the Protestant Reformation. Engelszell flourished during the Counter-Reformation era. In 1746, Leopold Reichl, the last and greatest of Engelszell’s abbots of the Cistercian era, was appointed, and soon rebuilt its finances. Between 1754 and 1764, Leopold rebuilt the present-day abbey church in Rococo style. However, in 1786 Engelszell was dissolved by Austrian emperor Joseph II during a wave of secularization illustrating his contempt for the contemplative monastic orders.

Trappist era

In 1925, Stift-Engelszell was reestablished as a Trappist monastery by refugee German monks from the Oelenberg Abbey in Alsace, France. The Engelszell monastery first began Stift-Engelszell Brewhouseas a priory, and was then elevated to abbey in 1931. Gregorious Eisvogel was appointed as the first abbot. In 1939, the abbey was confiscated by the Gestapo and the monks were evicted. Four of the monks were put in concentration camps; others were imprisoned or forced into military service. Less than half returned after the war to rebuild. The 23 monks who returned were bolstered by 15 ethnic German Trappist monks expelled from the Mariastern Abbey in Bosnia. Part of the abbey was converted into a nursing home during WWII which today is run by the Catholic relief organization Caritas. Today the community is comprised of nine monks and is headed by the abbot Pater Marianus Hauseder.

Stift-Engelszell Trappist Brewery

Engelszell brewing monksBy the year 2009, there were only nine monks residing at Stift Engelszell, four of which were advanced in age. They survived primarily from the income generated from the liqueur and cheese they produced at the abbey. It was only in 2009 that the abbey secured ATP credentials for its liqueurs. By this time, the monastery was in fairly bad shape and the monks needed a way to increase revenue in order to keep their abbey going; liqueur and cheese alone simply were not enough to meet their mounting financial needs. They needed to finance the restoration of the entire monastery. Fortuitously, one of the brothers met Peter Krammer, the owner of a small, local, family-run brewery nearby. It was Mr. Krammer who suggested Stift-Engelszell begin making its own Trappist beers. The monks were amenable to the suggestion and asked Peter to help plan and install their brewery. With Peter’s help, they set up a 2,500 hectolitre  brewery in an unused building near the monastery’s beehives. He started brewing 100 liter test batches trying to create beers that would be unique compared to the other Trappist breweries. In May of 2012, the International Trappist Association approved Stift-Engelszell to become the eighth Trappist brewery and the first outside of Belgium and the Netherlands.

Today, there are five brothers directly involved in the brewing process, along with five lay professionals employed by the community to help them. With their help, Stift-Engelszell’s brewhouse produces approximately 2,000 hectoliters annually. That makes Stift-Engelszell the smallest Trappist brand – the next largest, Achel, brews more than twice that amount. In addition to the brewery, Stift-Engelszell monastery also continues to produce cheese, liqueurs, honey, and chocolate.

Stift-Engelszell|天使聖地」修道院 & 釀酒廠:

Engelszell European MapStift-Engelszell」是奧地利唯一的熙篤會修道院,座落於多瑙河畔,早在1293年就有記載。名 稱是源於拉丁文「Cella Angelorum」,意思是天使棲息的地方。不同於歐洲其他歷史更悠久的修道院,它見證了宗教改革時期的顛僕流離。最燦爛的輝煌是在1746年接手修道 院的「Leopold Reichl」院長手中達到的,不僅花了10年時間,重新改建修道院成了今日洛可可的風格;其主事期間更讓修道院蓬勃發展了數十年,直到1786年,因宗 教世俗化影響下,被當時奧地利皇帝「約瑟二世|Joseph II」下令解散。

這樣荒廢到1925年,「Stift-Engelszell」才由一群從法國亞爾薩斯(Alsace)修道院,逃避一戰而來的德國僧侶所重建,並緊跟著在 1931年被擢升為正式的修道院,時任院長就是「Gregorious Eisvogel」(酒廠第一款修道院啤酒命名的由來)。無獨有偶的不幸,在緊接著的二戰期間,修道院被納粹的蓋世太保沒收充公,修士們被驅離,大多被監 禁或被迫從軍,最淒慘的4名修士被關進集中營。戰後,只有不到一半,23名僧侶回歸,在另外15名德國熙篤會修道院修士的協助下重建了它。也因修道院在二 戰大戰時曾做為醫護所,至今一部分仍然由天主教救援組織所借用。現今的修道院是由9名修士所組成,目前的院長是「Pater Marianus Hauseder」。

Engelszell brewhouse abbot至於修道院的釀酒史,倒不甚長久:在重建的1925年時才開始釀酒,但旋即在4年後因財務拮据而暫停;有趣的是,恰恰也是因急需資金來修繕修道院,讓修道 院重新燃起設立酒廠的動力。在鄰近的一間小型精釀啤酒廠「Brauerei Hofstetten|赫弗斯坦酒廠」(以其赫弗斯坦花崗岩冰釀啤酒在世界聞名)老闆「Peter Krammer」的鼓勵與協助之下,重新建立了酒廠的設備與配方。也他協助下,「Stift-Engelszell」修道院在閒置的養蜂場附近蓋了一座年 產能2,500 hl的酒廠,並開始小批次試釀不同於現有修道院啤酒風味的啤酒。並在20125月,正式取得ITA 認可,ATP商標使用權,也是比利時及荷蘭外第一間獲得認證的修道院酒廠(世界第八間)。 直至今日,酒廠是由五位修士及五位民間專業釀酒人員一同釀造,年產約2000 hl,是現今產量最小的修道院酒廠(Achel次之,但產量仍為「Stift-Engelszell」的兩倍)。除了啤酒外,其實修道院仍也生產其它產 品。